Overweight or Obese
- Overweight and obesity raises a person’s risk of getting some cancers. Overweight is a body mass index (BMI) of 25 to 29, and Obesity is a BMI of 30 or higher. Visual: https://gco.iarc.fr/obesity/tools-bars
- Strive to maintain a healthy BMI of 18.5 to 24.9 by practicing healthy behaviors.
- Achieve 150 minutes of physical activity per week and include strength training exercises at least two days a week.
- Eat a healthy diet within daily calorie needs and include fruits, vegetables, whole grains, fat-free or low-fat dairy products, lean meats, limited processed meats, and reduced sugar intake.
- Healthy SD Access information and resources on how to eat heathy and move more.
- South Dakota State University Extension
- The New American Plate Challenge