- Skin Cancer is the most common type of cancer. The sun, sunlamps, and tanning booths all give off ultraviolet (UV) radiation. Exposure to UV radiation causes early aging of the skin and skin damage that can lead to skin cancer.
- Use sunscreen, SPF 30 or higher and protects against UVA and UVB rays
- Avoid indoor tanning
- Stay in the shade, especially at peak hours
- Wear sunglasses that block UVA and UVB rays
- Wear clothing that covers your arms and legs, and a hat that protects your face, head, ears, and neck
- Consult a doctor if you notice changes in your skin such as size, shape, or color of a mole or other skin lesion or the appearance of a new skin growth